Friday, March 16, 2012

DIY: neon jewel necklace


My latest obsession is neon. Neon clothing, neon nail polish, neon shoes and now, neon jewels! I've noticed these vintage inspired beauties popping up everywhere, from Adia Kibur's necklaces on shopbop to other DIYs on Etsy! Top fashion bloggers have been sporting the jewels, as well as many other fashion icons. I decided to give it a go myself and it ended up being SUPER easy! All you need is a rhinestone necklace and some nail polish!
I found this rhinestone necklace at a Claire's store in the mall on sale for $5! I chose it because of the variety of sizes and shapes of the rhinestones.

Simply apply a dab of polish to each rhinestone. Small drops will usually spread out to cover the entire stone perfectly without completely coating the metal prongs!

It's that easy! This probably took me about 5 minutes to do, and I just threw it on with my outfit before heading off to work! I think getting a more intricate necklace and using a variety of neon hues would look amazing also, and I'm so excited to be able to incorporate this trend into my outfits for such a small price!

7 comments:

  1. oh my god! this is such a great idea! you're very creative! Love it! I should try this too!
    Come by and let's follow each other :D Loved your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came awesome! looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great idea! love it. xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! What an amazing DIY!!!

    PS. We’ve a $100 Giveaway to Vantage Point Vintage on our blog! Check it out, if you’d like :)

    ox from NYC!
    davie+erica

    LPFashionPhilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  5. o0o this is great!! i just got a similar necklace for $5, this make me want to buy a second one and paint neon yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is SO smart! I'm def gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete